Do you know why your hair gets frizzy? Do you know how can you get rid of frizzy hair?
What Makes Hair Frizzy?
Although frizzy hair is mostly caused by a lack of moisture in your hair, humidity can also make hair frizzy. Let’s suppose, for instance, that you have dry hair and you go outside when it’s humid. Then, you will find that your hair literally wants to drink that moisture in. Thus, your hair will get frizzy. Besides, naturally curly or wavy hair has the tendency to be naturally dry, and naturally dry hair is prone to becoming frizzy a lot.
How to Tame Frizzy Hair?
1.Choose a sulfate-free, glycerin-packed shampoo.
As we know, glycerin combats frizz by penetrating the hair and hydrating it from the inside out. Therefore, it is recommended to look for a shampoo with high glycerin. A sulfate-free, glycerin-packed shampoo, a great humectant, can create a protective coating over the outside of the hair. Therefore, hair is less likely to lose moisture.
2. Always use conditioner.
It is recommended to keep hair topped up with moisture, preventing the cuticle from opening up and letting moisture in, keeping it smooth.
Look for a conditioner that contains glycerin as well as other hydrating ingredients like shea butter.
Apply this conditioner from mid-lengths down to your ends, but you should keep it away from your roots to prevent oiliness.
3. Twice a week, only use conditioner on your hair.
Conditioners not only contain a small amount of surfactant but also contain the small amount of oil. Apply only conditioner on your hair twice a week, and then rinse it out. This process, called “Co-Washing”, keeps the hair at optimum PH, for you are replenishing moisture and ensuring the hairs natural oils are not stripped.
4. Use a hydrating mask once a week.
As we know, we can keep hair hydrated to prevent the hair opening up and let in moisture contributing to the frizz. Now, in order to keep hair moisturized and less prone to damage from styling, we can do a mask of oil or specialized hair treatments.
It is recommended to use masks containing coconut oil or castor oil to give your hair an incredible sheen when washed and styled.
5. Let hair air dry 90% of the way before blow-drying.
Before below-drying, you should let your hair air dry 90%, which helps keep it smooth. In other words, you will get a much sleeker finish as you blow-dry with a brush, for the heat is being directed down the hair. The bristles can also guide the cuticle, keeping it straight.
- Towel-dry your hair very gently and start brushing slowly from the bottom when you come out of the shower. And then, blow-dry your hair with a round brush which can smooth the cuticles and take out the frizz.
- After blow-drying, you can apply a little bit of argan oil evenly throughout the hair.
- Use a tiny bit of hair wax to smooth frizzy hair down.
- When you are out, you can just take some water and pat the hair down.
- Never brush hair when it’s dry.
- Stop using products contains alcohol.
Sources and Citations