Cost of Hair Extensions & Hair Weaves
Hair extensions and weaves add volume, length, giving you fuller hair instantly. More and more women want to use hair extensions and weaves and once they do, can no longer live without it.
Then, how much do hair extensions cost? Hair extensions pricing depends on 3 factors: quality of hair, type of hair extension method, and where you have them applied.
1. Quality of Hair Extensions
There material of hair extensions and weaves could be synthetic or natural human.
- $ Synthetic hair is (low quality, generally) fake hair which is very cheap.
- $$ Human hair is far better than synthetic hair and good for human health, chemical free generally. More expensive, of course.
Among the various kinds of human hair, there is a commonly known grading system like this:
Related article: https://www.sishair.com/hair-grading-system/
2. Type of Hair Extension Method
Hair extension methods includes semi permanent and temporary extensions.
- $ Temporary Hair Extension Methods. Mainly refer to clip-in hair, which you don’t need to have it applied, just put in and put out at home. $0 cost.
- $$ Semi Permanent Hair Extension Methods.
- $$ Tape-In Hair Extensions are the most popular hair extension method around the world.
- $$$ Sew-In Hair Weaves. The sew-in method started in the African American market and then women of other ethnicities starting wearing it too. This method can last for 3-4 months, less damaging, and doesn’t cost too much.
- $$$$ Fusion/Pre Bonded Micro extensions are installed strand by strand, thus take hours to apply at hair salon, therefore they cost thousands.
3. Where To Have Hair Extensions Applied
Have hair extensions applied at salon costs hundreds to thousands, depending on the hair type and apply method.
How much do salons charge for applying hair extensions?
- $ Clip-in hair: $100-$200
- $ Sewn-in hair $100-$400
- $$ Tape-in hair $200-$800
- $$$ Micro/Fusion hair (Strand by Strand) $1000-$2500
If you like DIY at home, you can save the money.