How Do You Put In Feather Hair Extensions
In general, there are several ways to put feathers in your hair to show that you have amazing bohemian style. Here, we will show how to attach feathers with glue.
1. Buy your supplies.
- Long feathers, long and thin, usually have brown or black stripes. “”Grizzly feathers”” look realistic and fall gracefully against the hair for a look that blends in enough to look beautifully eclectic and not messy.
- Hair extension shields, small plastic discs that you insert over the piece of hair, protect the rest of your hair shaft from the glue and heat you’re applying to the bit of hair that’s getting a glue application.
- A keratin hair extension melts the link into your hair, gluing the feather in place when you apply the hair extension iron to the shrink link.
- A micro-ring loader, a small wire device, makes it easy to thread a shrink link onto your hair.
- Keratin remover is a product you apply to the glued area when you take out the feather.
2. Pick out the feathers you want to use. Pick feathers that look good next to each other. They can both be the same color, or you could go with two different colors for a striking effect.
3. Select a small lock of hair.
- You either can apply the feathers toward your scalp or lower in your hair or choose to apply two or more sets of feathers to the same lock of hair.
- You can choose a lock toward the front and top of your head if you want the world to see your feather extensions every day.
For a subtle, more mature look, pick a lock toward the bottom and back or side of your head.
4. Secure the lock of hair with a protective shield.
5. Load a shrink link onto the microloader and insert it over your lock. In order to make sure it doesn’t hurt your head while you’re sleeping at night, you will want to set the shrink link about 1?2 inch (1.3 cm) from your scalp.
6. Insert the feathers into the shrink link.
7. Heat the link to glue the feathers into your hair.
8. Clip the feather tips.
9. Take the extension out when you’re ready.