How To Do A Weave Hair
1. Wash hair as you normally do, and give it a good conditioning treatment as well.
2. Dry hair.
3. Braid your head in a series of cornrows.
4. Choose the location of the part, and separate out ?-inch sections of hair on either side of it. After that, pin the rest of your hair back using the clips.
5. Braid two rows of hair on either side of the part, away from each other. Start with one of the inch sections of hair, and separate a small piece about of an inch thick on one of the ends.
6. Braid the perimeter row.
7. Begin the center braids.
8. Tie off all the ends and tuck them into/under the finished braids to hide the tails.
9. Pull your wig cap out and stretch it out, sliding it over your head, covering your entire hairline all the way around.
10. Sew your wig cap to your braids.
- Start at the beginning of your perimeter braid near the part.
- Pull the needle under the braided and through the other side.
- Pull the thread taut against the knot.
- Pull the end of the knot out just a bit.
- Pull the two strings apart to expose the loop.
- Wrap the needle around one edge of the loop twice.
- Pull it through the center of the loop to create the base knot.
11. Sew the wig cap to the perimeter braid.
- Measure about 1-inch down the perimeter braid from the first knot you made.
- Repeat the process.
- Hook the needle under the braided.
- Pull it through the other side.
- Tug to pull the loose thread tight.
- Wrap the needle around it twice near where you inserted it and pull tight before the thread between the two knots has been tightened all the way though, giving you second knot.
- Repeat this same process all the way around the perimeter braid.
12. Sew the wig cap around your part.
- You’ll complete the ‘loop’ by sewing around the outside of your part when you’ve sewn the wig cap around the perimeter braid. Start from your last knot on the perimeter braid.
- Skip up to the next row of braids on your head.
- Repeat the knot-tying process.
- Go up to the next row.
- Tie two knots at the base of your sewing, where you started on the perimeter braid.
13. Cut off the excess wig cap. Take your shears and cut up along your part to split the wig cap.
14. Measure your extension-hair for the perimeter braid.
15. Measure the extension to go around the outside of your part.
16. Create your base knot through the weft of the extension.
17. Sew the extension to your wig cap.
18. Sew the perimeter extension.
19. Sew your extension around the outside of your part.
20. Fill in the rest of your head with the extensions.
21. Sew on your closure for your part.
22. Create your closure for the back of your part.
23. Adjust your closure piece.
24. Sew your closure to your head.
25. Cut and style your weave.