How To Weave On Hair
How to weave in hair?
Step 1. Creating Your Base Braids
- Wash and condition your hair. Make sure that your hair is totally dry before starting the cornrow process.
- Gather the necessary supplies. To create the base to sew your weave onto, you have to braid your head in a series of cornrows.
- Select your part. When adding weave, you should place it in layers around a part in your natural hair. Your part is the exposed area of the scalp and is typically located down the center of your head or slightly off-center. You can choose the location of the part, and separate out ?-inch sections of hair on either side of it. Pin the rest of your hair back using the clips.
- Braid hair. In order to show your part, you will braid two rows of hair on either side of the part, away from each other. Start with one of the ? inch sections of hair. Separate a small piece about ? of an inch thick on one of the ends. Braid this in a French braid towards the ear on the same side of the part. Braid this strand about ? of the way down, leaving the ends loose. Work down both sides of the part, braiding small French braids ?-inch wide.
- Braid the perimeter row. Take hair out of the hair clips. Section a strand of hair ?-? inch thick all the way around the outer edge of your head. Start with the edge-braid from your part. Braid as far as you can around the edge of your head. Then, do the same on the other side.
- Begin the center braids. Follow the pattern of the perimeter braid, by sectioning off thin pieces of hair around the outer edge and working in. Go to the next braid closest to your hairline, and braid on either side of your part towards the back of your head.
- Finish your braids.
Step 2. Sewing on Wig Cap
- Put on wig cap. Make sure your braids are completely covered by the cap.
- Sew your wig cap to your braids. Start with the beginning of your perimeter braid near the part. Pull the needle under the braids, and through the other side, pulling the thread taut against the knot. Next, pull the end of the knot out just a bit and pull the two strings apart to expose the loop. After that, wrap the needle around one edge of the loop twice, and pull it through the center of the loop to create the base knot.
- Sew the wig cap to the perimeter braid. Measure about 1-inch down the perimeter braid from the first knot you made. Repeat the process. Hook the needle under the braids. Pull it through the other side. Tug to pull the loose thread tight. Wrap the needle around it twice near where you inserted it, and pull tight before the thread between the two knots has been tightened all the way though,
- Cut off the excess wig cap.
Step 3. Sewing on Extensions
- Measure the extension-hair for the perimeter braid.
- Measure the extension to go around the outside of your part.
- Create base knot through the weft of the extension.
- Sew the extension to your wig cap.
- Sew perimeter extension.
- Sew extension around the outside of your part.
- Fill in the rest of your head with the extensions.
- Sew on closure for part.
- Create closure for the back of part.
- Adjust closure piece.
- Sew closure piece to head.
- Cut and style your weave.