A full lace wig is constructed from a lace cap that covers the whole head and the 100% human hair is knotted into this by hand. Here are the ultimate care instructions of full lace wig.
Useful tips for liquid bonding adhesives
- Only use thin, even coats when applying the liquid adhesive.
- You should use a paint movement with your hand in both directions – horizontal and vertical, if you are using a brush.
- Use thin multiple coats and make sure the previous coat is dry before applying the next coat if more adhesive is desired.
- It is recommended to apply liquid bond on your scalp and place the unit on your head.
- Before attaching your full lace wig, always clean and prepare your scalp properly, with skin shield. Skin shield not only provides a protective barrier against dermal irritation, but also enhance the effectiveness of skin-safe liquid or tape adhesives.
- The bond of your full lace wig will seem like it is weakening after showering or working out. This is expected. Then, even if your hair system is still attached securely, the bond will soften a bit due to extra heat and moisture. Now, do not touch the unit, because as your body cools, the bond will harden again.
- Over time, airborne dust, make-up will attach itself to the adhesive in the front and side edges of lace units and may become visible. Since the hairpiece adhesive is pliable, immediately after a shower is the easiest time to clean this area. Spray a liberal amount of Adjust-a-Bond on the tip of a double folded tissue. Next, hold your hair back with one hand. Use another hand to wipe the edge of the lace with the saturated tissue.
Useful tips to avoid shedding
- Your full lace wig should not shed anymore then our own hair would although some light shedding is normal.
- Never apply products containing a high percentage of alcohol directly into the hair of your full lace wig, for they will damage the hair and cause excessive shedding.
- Always braid up the hair or at least put it in a ponytail when going to sleep wearing your full lace wig. Thus, it will not tangle up, while you sleep. Or, wrap a scarf around your head or wear a hair bonnet while you are asleep, preventing the hair of your full lace wig from breakage and shedding.
- Always wear a swim cap or wash your full lace wig after each swim session, for chlorine, and salt water can damage the hair of the unit.
- Reseal the knots located on the inside of your full lace wig cap after each and every wash, with some knot sealer, strengthening the knots on each hair strand and protecting your full lace wig from excessive shedding.
Useful tips for curly, deep wave and wavy styles
- Gently but thoroughly wash and rinse your full lace wig.
- Then, spray until saturation with a 1/4 Dove Moisturizing Conditioner, 1/4 of Glycerin and 2/4 plain water mixture*.
- Brush it into shape with a loop brush.
- Use a hair net to cover your full lace wig, and let it dry on top of a wig head.
- Wear it, and spray lightly with above mixture every 2-3 days or as needed which can help to restore the initial shape, bounce and shine of the curls and/or the waves.
Useful Tips for a long-lasting full lace wig
Full lace wig is made of human hair that is approximately 4 years old. Hair grows on average a half inch per month, thus one year equates out to 6 inches. The hair of your unit has been exposed to the elements a minimum of 4 years since on the average 24 inches long hair is used to make a 20 inch unit. Now, the hair has been removed from its nutrient source, and then it has been made into your fabulous full lace wig.
You can use Shampoo, Conditioner, rake, pillow case and hair wrap to properly care for your full lace wig. If shampoo or conditioner costs between $10.00 and $20.00 for 8.5 oz, you have the right stuff.
You are going to style it beyond washing your hair and that is where the Rake comes in. Brushes and combs provide too much tension on the hair, thus will cause breakage and shedding. To reduce greatly the tension put on the hair and the knots while styling your unit, you can use a Rake or even a Pick and toss the brush and comb while styling your unit and therefore your full lace wig will last longer.
Tips to avoid damages of your full lace wig while sleeping
Wrap hair into a satin or silk wrap, reducing frictions on your unit when you move your head in your sleep. It is recommended to use a pillow case in satin or silk for. To reduce greatly the tension and resistance between the two fabrics, avoid the occasional breakage and allows the hair to remain protected, while you sleep, you have to make sure that the pillow case MUST be the same material as your wrap. For instance, you should use a satin pillow case if you wrap hair in satin.
Tips for cold temperature
Hair Conditioning treatments, Hair Damage Repair kit can help to replenish and protect the hair of your full lace wig in cold temperature, especially dry cold weather. It is recommended to choose a product is free from alcohol.
You can follow these simple steps whenever the hair of your full lace wig is a bit dry or if you want to ensure it will be protected from the elements:
- Remove hair unit and then gently wash it.
- It is recommended to use a Hair Damage Repair or another high end conditioning treatment formulated for hair moisture replenishment. Never use protein enriched conditioners.
- Store your full lace wig in a plastic bag and then place in a warm area. Do not apply direct heat for it will damage your unit.
- Let the bag sit for 24 hours. Next, remove and rinse hair thoroughly with warm water. Finally, let it air dry.
You should repeat this process every three weeks if you are wearing your hair unit full time.
Where To Buy Hair Bundles