Here are some tips on hair cleansing, conditioning & drying.
- Use coconut oil or olive oil to pre-poo your hair. Coconut oil can prevent damage because it helps hair retain its protein levels. It prevents wear and tear (from expansion and contraction) over time because it limits the amount of water the strands absorb. When you shampoo, both natural oils protect the hair from being stripped.
- Deep condition hair after each wash. Wrap your hair with a gentle heat source like a microwave cap, or a towel, or a wool cap to generate some body heat of your own.
- Dry hair with an old t-shirt. Let hair air dry, or use an old t-shirt to dry it.
- Nix shampoos with sulfates. Sulfates will strip the hair of needed moisture and natural oil to dry it out.
- Refrigerate your leave in conditioner. After washing, use a cold leave in conditioner to seal your hair’s cuticle and increase the shine in your hair.
- Seal your ends. Find a suitable oil to protect the ends from splitting. This oil is thick and protective, causing the ends to clump together. Seal your ends with this oil after every wash and before styling.
- Use a light natural oil to oil your hair daily.
- Avoid using too many different brands.
- Do a henna treatment.
- Moisturize hair as needed.
- Cleanse monthly. Hair needs to be thoroughly cleansed since hair products build up on the hair. You can use a clarifying shampoo once a month. Or, you can add a tablespoon of baking soda to your hair while shampooing.
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: