Many celebrities choose lace front wigs to achieve a looking hair style. Lace front wigs come in textures, colors, lengths and styles. By using lace front wigs and full lace wigs, woman can have a hairstyle that matches her needs and lifestyles.
More important, since lace front wigs have invisible hairlines, they will provide the most natural-looking hair line among all available options and make a person look stunning.
Last but not least, you can use lace front wigs without the help of professionals as long as you practice the right way of applying your lace front wig.
Types of adhesives
Both double-sided tape adhesives and glue adhesives help to keep the wig in place. You can choose a suitable one as you like, but you should make sure that product you choose has been designed specifically for this purpose. Sometimes, you will have no problem choosing which one will work well with the wig because some retailers sell adhesives together with the lace front wig.
Apply lace front wig by using glue adhesives
- Place the lace front wig on top of your head.
- Pin back the wig hair in front. Thus, you don’t end up gluing them on your forehead.
- Apply a very thin layer of adhesive on a small part of the lace front.
- Make sure to get your real hair out of the way.
- Depend on the look you are going for, you can choose to cut the baby hair or keep it out of the wig.
- Press down the lace front wig on the part where you applied the adhesive.
- With a good adhesive, it should only take you about 5 seconds to press it down.
- Move on to the next section after that part of the lace front wig is firmly in place.
- Apply the adhesive to an inch of hair each time until you have applied adhesive and pressed on the wig from edge to edge, making the application easier.
Apply lace front wig by using tape adhesives
- Cut the tape into 3-inch strips. The tape should be around 3.8 inches wide.
- Take the first strip.
- Lay the first strip on the patch area where the lace front connects to it. Make sure you attach the tape on the front hairline at the edge of the lace.
- Place the other strips of tape on the edge of the lace until you have laid down the tapes on the entire front side of the wig from edge to edge.
Note: In order to keep the wig in place and provide a natural looking hairline, you should make sure that there are no spaces between the tapes.