1. Find the center of the lace frontal closure piece, and then slide the thin hair clip vertically to mark the position.
2. Use 2 larger hair clips to clip the hair on either side of the center-marking clip back.
3. Cut away about a quarter-inch of the lace all around the front and sides of the hairline by using long, fluid scissor strokes to avoid jagged edges.
4. Remove the center-marking clip, and keep the hair clipped back. Adjust the clips as necessary.
5. Cut the lace back towards the beginning of the hairline.
6. Trim the sides of the lace frontal closure so that only about an eighth-inch of lace protrudes out from under the hairline. Since this part is not as visible as the forehead, it is not necessary to cut the lace all the way back on the sides.
7. Double check the trimmed lace to ensure that there are no jagged edges, and make sure the lace is cut completely even, especially around the front area, cover lace with make-up when necessary.