You’ve no doubt heard of box braids. However, do you know how to do this on your hair?
- Shampoo and condition hair.
Box braids are more permanent. Conditioner make your hair has a lot of moisture. Once your braids are in, you can give them a good washing.
- Take dry hair and section it into 4 different parts.
Make sure your hair is in four even and straight squares for each section. It will be much easier to master this style if your hair is in quarters. Next, hold each section with clips.
- Part hair with a small part in the first section of hair.
You’ll be able to succeed at the next step with a small amount of hair. You have to make sure that all of your parts are about the same size.
- Braid or plait your hair from the first pinch.
Take the three sections of hair. Across the left section under the middle section. Put the right section under the middle section.
- Braid the entire section from the top to the bottom (or root to tip).
Use a small rubber band to secure your hair, keeping your braid from coming out. Sometimes, bands will cause damage in your hair if you’re not careful. Do not use a brand if possible.
- Make another part from the first section of your hair.
Carefully braid another section. Make sure all of your parts are straight. They will like individual and tiny boxes.
- Move on to the next section.
By the time you are done, you should have your full head of hair in individual tiny box braids
- You should have about 100 or more box braids!
Each small part will result in box braids. Make your part even smaller as you continue to braid if you want the braids smaller. This process can take hours to complete. Therefore, you can ask a friend or a professional who knows how to braid quickly to help you complete this look in record speed.
- Don’t braid your hair too tightly. Style it tightly but not too tightly, as you don’t want to lose some of your hair or damage it in any way.
- If you want to keep your hairstyle extra tidy as you braid or even after this look is complete, you can cover your hair with a silk scarf.
- Enjoy a style that looks nice without rubber bands on the ends. If you prefer to have bands in your hair, you can purchase one.