Do you like to change your hairstyle or hair weave? Do you like to change your hair color?
In general, with fake hair extension, you can use fabric dye to dye the hair. However, for real human hair, you can gently highlight or dye your hair according to your normal situation.
Dye Fake Extensions
Note: You should dye fake extensions before they are glued or sewn into your hair.
- Pour hot water into a large bowl.
- Add powder dye to the hot water to dissolve it.
- Fill the bucket with 1/2 gallon of hot water.
- Pour the liquid dye from the bowl into the bucket, and then use a spoon to stir it.
- Wet the extension.
- Comb the extension until they are straightened.
- Soak the hair extension in the water for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pull the extensions out.
- Run the extensions under warm water until the water runs clear.
- Run the extensions under cool water.
- Sew or glue extensions into your hair after they have completely dried.
Dye Real Extensions
- Mix the hair color with the developer according to instructions.
- Shake the bottle to mix the ingredients.
- Pour all of the hair dye into a small bowl.
- Place the hair highlighting cap onto your head.
- Use the hair hook to pull the desired amount of hair (both natural and extensions) through the cap.
- Use the paintbrush soaked in the hair dye to paint the hair pulled through the cap until all of the hair is saturated.
- Let the dye on for the amount of time specified in the directions.
- Rinse the hair dye off the hair with the cap still on.
- Remove the cap and add the color conditioner when the water runs clear.
- Let the conditioners sit for three minutes.
- Wash it.
- Regular fabric dye can also be used to dye synthetic hair.
- If your real hair extensions are not virgin extensions, you had better use the method for dyeing fake hair extensions.
- When dealing with any kind of dye, you should wear old clothes and gloves.
Sources and Citations