Here are the top 10 ways to help your hair grow faster.
1. Eat a healthy diet
Eating a diet rich in protein and vital vitamins and minerals is an essential prerequisite to healthy hair growth. It is recommended to choose foods high in vitamins A, B, C, and E, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and selenium. In particular, Vitamin B-complex is extremely important for making your hair grow faster.
2. Use castor oil
Being rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, especially omega-9 fatty acids, castor oil promotes hair growth naturally.
Mix the castor oil with an equal amount of coconut, olive, or almond oil. Massage your scalp with it and leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes. Then shampoo your hair.
3. Massage your scalp
- Massaging promotes blood flow to the scalp, so it will stimulate the hair follicles. Besides, deep condition your hair once a week with a hot oil treatment or deep conditioning hair mask.
- Apply the oil or conditioner to your hair.
- Gently rub your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes.
- Rinse the oil or conditioner out of your hair.
4. Flip your hair upside down
Just flip your hair upside down by flipping your head over for two to four minutes daily.
5. Stay stress-free
Stress is one of the most important factors that contribute to hair loss. Stress can disrupt the normal hair cycle and trigger hairs to enter the fall-out phase. Therefore, when striving for faster hair growth, minimize the stress in your life.
You can use meditation, breathing exercises, or other relaxation techniques to manage stress. Besides, be sure to get your beauty sleep as the growth hormone is released during sleep.
6. Whip up an egg mask
Eggs are packed with protein and also contain iron, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium, thus they are highly beneficial for faster hair growth. It is recommended to use an egg hair mask at least once a month.
- Mix in four tablespoons of grapeseed oil and a few drops of lavender oil.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour.
- Finally, rinse it out and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Apply a mixture of two egg yolks and two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it out with cold water and then shampoo your hair.
- Whisk an egg and add one cup of milk, two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and the juice from half a lemon to it.
- Apply it on your scalp and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash and shampoo hair.
7. Infuse your hair with herbs
- Herbs like rosemary, catnip, nettle, burdock, horsetail, and sage promote faster hair growth. In particular, Rosemary is excellent for hair growth because it stimulates the hair follicles. Most herbs stimulate hair growth by improving circulation.
- Prepare an herbal infusion by steeping any of these herbs in hot water for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Use it as a final rinse after shampooing and conditioning your hair. In general, it not only can encourage hair growth, but also strengthen your hair and make it soft and manageable.
- You can also mix herbal infusions or essential oils in your shampoo.
- Drink herbal teas.
8. Take vitamin and herbal supplements
You can take supplements like folic acid, biotin, kelp, fish oil, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, ginseng, saw palmetto, and others to augment hair growth. However, before taking any supplements, though, make sure you consult your doctor.
9. Nourish your hair with aloe vera
Aloe vera encourages hair growth as well as prevents hair loss. Besides, it can reduce dandruff and restore your hair’s natural sheen.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel mixed with a little lemon juice.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Do this once every week or two.
- Combine aloe vera gel with equal amounts of coconut milk and wheat germ oil.
- Apply it on your hair.
- Drink aloe vera juice on a regular basis.
10. Address medical problems
If you have underlying problems like a thyroid disorder, hormonal imbalance, chronic illness, or a severe infection, your efforts to boost hair growth will not reap good results.
For instance, some certain medications like birth control pills, beta-blockers, anabolic steroids, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, and others may contribute to problems such as hair thinning and hair loss.