1. Apply a natural oil such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil or grape-seed oil along the entire length to give the human hair weave a conditioning treatment. Alternatively, apply the moisturizing conditioner to the hair.
2. Leave either the oil or conditioner in the hair for 30 minutes under a shower cap.
3. Wash the human hair weave with a moisturizing shampoo. And, carefully clean the scalp between tracks and rinse thoroughly with your fingers.
4. Apply moisturizing conditioner from scalp to hair tips and apply extra conditioner to the ends. Allow the conditioner to sit for two to five minutes.
5. Rinse hair thoroughly. When rinsing, cautiously undo any tangles in the weave with your fingers or with a comb.
6. Apply a deep conditioner and let it sit for 15 minutes or more.
7. Wear a shower cap to trap heat and aid in the conditioning or sit under a dryer.
8. Rinse hair thoroughly, and use fingers to untangle and squeeze out all excess water.
9. Comb out the hair and allow it to air dry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Apply a moisturizing product along the entire length and apply extra to the ends.
11. Apply a dime-sized amount of thermal product to protect hair during the styling process.
12. Blow-dry hair with low heat with a comb to aid hair drying.
13. Style hair.
14. Wrap a silk or satin scarf around your head at night to keep hair from drying out on cotton pillowcases and bedsheets. Or, you can use silk or satin pillowcases and bedsheets.