1. Select your color.
2. Decide where your natural color and dyed color will meet.
3. Brush hair well to remove all tangles.
4. Put on a smock or an old t-shirt as well as gloves.
5. Mix your bleach unless you are doing a reverse ombre.
6. Divide hair into sections. At the very least, you should divide each half into half again, splitting your hair into quarters.
7. Use a brush to add bleach starting at the ends and working your way up to the desired fade line.
8. Let the bleach set for 10-45 minutes.
9. Rinse out the bleach with warm water, and then wash hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
10. Dry hair.
11. Divide your hair into its original sections, and then tie off the ends with elastic bands or hair clips. Use at least 2-3 sections, or as many more as you need to feel comfortable.
12. Put on gloves.
13. Prepare your color. As most box hair dyes require a bit of measuring and mixing, follow the instructions and prepare your dye.
14. Follow the application instructions that came with your hair dye to properly add it to your hair.
15. Let the color set. Follow the box instructions to determine how long you should leave the dye in your hair.
16. Rinse out the dye with warm water, and then wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
17. Dry and style your hair as usual.