Hair dyes will make hair even more fragile, and brittle. Some products can help your split end stick together. However, once the end is split, neither of them can fix the hair permanently. Here are some tips on preventing split ends and breakage for long natural hair.
- Use good detangling tools to detangle hair properly. Use wide tooth combs to comb wet hair to detangle hair. Finger detangling is your best option as long as you have the patience.
- Use a T-shirt or a Microfiber Towel or Turban to dry hair. Try using an old t-shirt to dry your hair. Avoid using traditional terry cloth towels since they will remove the much-needed moisture from your hair.
- Avoid daily activities that may cause split ends. Try minimizing daily manipulation of the hair. For instance, avoid excessive brushing and combing or manipulating it into a hairstyle every day.
- Use the technique “Poo on top, condition on bottom.” Only apply shampoo on the scalp. Add plenty of conditioner and leave-in conditioner on the ends of the hair.
- Let hair air dry. After washing hair, let it air dry. If you have to use the blow dry, you should turn down the heat and blast at low temperatures.
- Protect your hair from getting sun burned.
- Use ouch free hair accessories and tools. Avoid using accessories that has metal connector or doesn’t have elasticity. Do not use hair tools with metal edges. Do not use brushes that tug and pull against the elasticity of the hair.
- Stop using chemicals. Stop using hair dyes, chemical treatments, and hair products with alcohol and drying agents because these treatments will aggravate any dryness in your hair.
- Learn to have second and third day Avoid styling and re-styling your hair every day. The less you do to manipulate your hair, the less you’ll experience rapid split ends.
- Treat your hair 50/50. It is important to give your hair moisture and protein treatments on a 50/50 ratio. For example, if you wash hair every two weeks, you should give your hair one moisture and one protein treatment every month.
- Trim ends. The best time to start preventing your hair from split ends is right after you get your hair trimmed.
- Avoid wetting hair every day. Water is a natural humectant. However, do not use a lot of it every day. Otherwise, it can affect the strength of the hair shaft, causing it to weaken, split or break.
- How to Make Short Hairstyle With Hair Extensions
- How to Curl Human Hair Weave With Curling Iron
- How to Wash Clip in Hair Extensions
- How To Repair Damaged Natural Hair
- Why Is Remy Hair So Expensive?
- 8 Ways To Take Care Of Long Hair
- How To: Wash and Go on Type 4 Kinky Hair
- How To Straighten Natural Hair With Flat Iron
- How to Trim Your Own Split Ends
- Benefits of Steaming Natural Hair