Many people think the only way to prepare the head for sewn-in hair extensions is braiding. However, we can quickly and easily make a strong base for hair tracks by using needle & thread as long as we try the “braidless weaving” or “the Malaysian method weave”.
- Pass a long length of thick thread of similar color to the client’s hair through the needle, make a double knot in the end, and cut off the excess thread.
- Use the point of the rat-tail comb to create a horizontal ear-to-ear parting, and clip the hair out of the way above the parting.
- Hold the loose hair, gently pull downward to tighten the hair slightly at the roots, and create an even base for the track.
- Place the bent needle away from the left side of the hair (about a quarter of an inch) as close as possible to the root.
- Pull the thread under the section of hair, but do not let the knot pass underneath.
- Pass the needle back under the same section of hair, and pull it up inside the new loop of thread tightly to create a knot around the hair.
- Repeat this process. Work from left to right to create a row of tight knotted hair. Tie off the last knot tightly. Cut the excess thread.
- Sew in the first track and work along the parting from left to right. Secure track along the sewn-in base.
- Create another parting an inch above the first and parallel to it. Repeat the whole procedure.
- Through the hair until the desired result is achieved, as the same way.
- Make sure the sewing base is as tight and secure as possible and will not hurt the customer.
- It is recommended to create a stitched base from the hairline along each parting half an inch in.
How To Turn A Wig Into Hair Extensions
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: