How to care for blonde hair? How to maintain the perfect blonde shade ?
1. Keep it Hydrated
It is recommended to invest in a good leave-in conditioner and/or deep repair mask to help bring dry brittle hair back to life. And, deep treatments/hair masks are a great way to restore the moisture stripped from hair during the coloring process.
2. Protect it
(a). Protect it from the heat
Avoid using blow dryer as much as possible. In general, the less heat styling, the better! Lifting hair color to achieve a lighter blonde shade requires for your hair cuticle to be stripped. Once the cuticle has been stripped, it will be difficult for your hair to hold onto the nutrients your scalp produces. Thus, you will have dry and brittle hair. Adding an excessive amount of heat styling to your hair really damages and dulls your shine. It is recommended to give your hair a little vacation from heat styling, every once in a while, by styling your hair in a cute bun, updo, or braid. You have to use a heat protectant spray when styling your hair and never ever skip on a deep conditioning treatment if you are addicted to heat.
(b). Keep it out of the sun
Sun not only can damage your skin but also damage your blond hair. And, harmful UV rays can dry out your locks, and turn your beautiful blonde shade a brassy shade of orange. Therefore, you had better wear a hat if you are planning a fun day in the sun.
3. Make it last
As we know, over time, even natural elements can cause your cool tresses to become brassy. Therefore, you can use some special shampoo to make your color last. For instance, you can use Purple Shampoo to combat these brassy tones and leave your locks the cool ashy tone you paid big bucks to achieve, for the shade purple is directly opposite of the shade yellow on the color wheel.
- You can consult your hairstylist to choose a perfect shampoo for your hair color. You can choose a shampoo which doesn’t contain sulfate to prevent it from drying out your already processed hair.
- It is recommended to wash your hair with purple shampoo at least once a week, and alternate shampoos throughout the week to keep your blonde tress sparkling.
- You can try increasing your usage if you find that your hair is super brassy, or becomes yellow fairly quickly.
- You should try decreasing how frequent you use this shampoo if you find that your hair is becoming too ashy.
- If you find that your hair gets oily quickly, you can feel free to follow up with a cleansing shampoo for purple shampoos are not really designed for cleaning your hair.