Compared with synthetic wigs, human hair wigs are more expensive but they are softer, longer-lasting and more comfortable. You should test hair pieces to see if they are made of human or synthetic hair before buying.
Cut a couple strands of hair from the different parts of the wig or hairpiece.
Use the tweezers to hold a strand of hair. At the end of the hair, put a lighter flame to ignite it and then pull the flame away.
Watch how human hair burn
- Human hair has a unique smell of sulfuric acid.
- The flame will flicker out quickly unless you continue burning it and the ash will be powdery.
Watch how synthetic hairs burn
- If you have taken the flame away, synthetic fibers will continue to burn up quickly.
- Polyester hair burns and melts at the same time.
- Synthetic hair has a slightly sweet smell and leave sticky beads on your fingers.
- Nylon hair has a unique smell of cooked vegetables. Nylon hair will burn up quickly with a sparkling flame, leaving hard beads behind.
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: