How to own long hair without split ends, frizz? Fortunately, tape-in hair extensions can help us.
- Tape-in extensions are a healthy and safe solution to hair extensions. They don’t put an abundance of stress on your scalp. You can stick them on a strong, non-slip, durable sticker.
- Tape-in hair extensions give a natural, flawless look and feel. They are partially-permanent. You don’t have to attach them every morning. You don’t have to commit to them for an entire year.
- They last approximately 5-6 weeks on average. However, with proper care, they can last for up to two months. So, how to take care of tape in hair extensions?
How to Take Care of Tape in Hair Extensions
1. Place Importance on Daily Hair Regime
- Apply proper, premium hair care products.
- Use some leave-in conditioners to deter tangles.
- Shower regularly.
- Condition from mid-shaft down.
- Use protectant spray when styling with hot iron tools.
- Do not use a hot iron on the tape tabs.
- Do not sleep with wet tape in hair extensions.
- Do not roughly scrub the strips of extensions when shampooing.
2. Brush Tape in Hair Extensions
Brushing hair seems simple. However, it is much more elaborate than you think. Remember some things:
- Always use a hair extension brush.
- Brush extensions every morning and evening.
- Brush hair before the shower.
- Brush from the bottom up to deter tangles, pulling, and stress.
3. Touch Up Tresses
One of the greatest advantages of tape-in extensions is that you don’t have to touch up them. However, you can do some things to touch them up along the way if you want to make them last longer than the average time. The longer you have your tape in extensions, the more touch-ups you should be doing, as your hair isn’t going to stop growing.
- When extensions grow away from your roots, reapply tape strips.
- Pretty tape strips together every day.
- Use dry shampoo when in need of a pick-me-up sans shower.
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: