People who own stylish new hair do will feel confident. However, they are ashamed of their poorly shorn or styled head. Fortunately, they can save the day.
- Return to the salon or barber shop, and demand a different stylist or hairdresser for free hairdressing.
- Go to a reputable salon and explain your dilemma and then ask for a remedial haircut.
- Use a wig, hair extension or hair additions while you wait for the haircut to grow out.
Bad dye job
- If you panicked and rinsed too early, the hair is under-colored. At this time, please reapply dye and leave on for time required minus time you already had it on.
- If you chose the wrong color or over-colored your hair, you can use a color-removal product.
- Visit a reputable salon that specializes in hair coloring to correct bad dye jobs.
If your home perm did not take, you can visit a salon to have a professional stylist perm your hair in three days. For overdone perm, you can apply a deep conditioner to hair from scalp to the ends, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and set hair in large curlers. You should a professional stylist relax your over-permed hair if this doesn’t fix it.
Use ahair product designed to remove green from hair, available at salons, beauty supply stores and drugstores to get rid of Chlorine-green hair. Before swimming, apply leave-in conditioner to hair and wear a swim cap. After swimming, shampoo and rinse hair immediately. Visit a reputable salon to get rid of it if hair is dyed or permed and turns green.
Bad Hair Day
- Use warm water to wet hair.
- Add styling mousse or gel, and then restyle.
- Cover hair with a hat or scarf if restyling is not an option. If a hat or scarf is unsuitable, choose the slicked-back look. Wet hair, add gel or mousse, and pull hair into a ponytail. Let it air-dry.
Wash hair with an over-the-counter shampoo designed to fight dandruff. If the shampoo becomes ineffective after several weeks of use, switch brands.
Use towel to cover your work area to prevent contamination of upholstery or carpets. Partition hair into sections and comb through hair with a fine-tooth comb under bright light. Remove lice and nits as you comb. While combing, use mayonnaise to smother lice and nits. Repeat combings for two weeks. Boil the comb for future use. Machine wash towels, sheets, pillowcases, hats and others with hot water. Dry them with hot setting. Vacuum contaminated fabric, upholstery or carpeting. If you are pregnant, allergic or have pre-existing medical conditions, you should consult your doctor before using anti-lice products. Do not use treatments containing lindane, which has caused neurological damage in children.
Rub peanut butter into hair and around gum and slowly work gum out of hair.
Rinse it thoroughly with shampoo.
- If it’s hereditary, there is little chance to prevent it.
- For sensitive hair, use hair products to avoid unnecessary wear and tear.
- Learn about cosmetic options, including toupees, weaves and transplants by visiting a dermatologist.
- Stress, lack of protein, medication, hormones, pregnancy, disease and poor hair hygiene contribute to hair loss.
- Be wary of products claiming to stop hair loss.
- Visit a dermatologist to know how to treat alopecia areata.
How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster