Why Does Weave Hair Get Tangled? Why Do Hair Extensions Tangle? What causes hair weave to tangle?
5 Reasons Why Hair Extensions Tangle
1. Humidity and rain. Humid air causes hydrogen bonds to form between water molecules and the proteins in your hair, triggering curls and frizz. Curls and frizz that remain cause tangling and matting.
2. Product Buildup. Products containing alcohol cause hair extensions to dry. Dry hair extensions cause tangling.
3. Using Wrong Products. Hair extensions need the perfect products. Having a great hair mask or a special brush will prevent tangling.
4. Hair Care Routine. Hair extensions require a little love and care. It is recommended to set aside 10 minutes a day to take care of the hair to ensure they last. Otherwise, you will have a tangled mess sooner than later.
5. Dry Extensions. If you blow dry and curl your hair extensions frequently, your hair will dry quickly and then your extensions will tangle.