You’ve heard of some oils, but you may don’t know which one is the best or suitable for you. Want to know more information about oils? Want to know how to use oil to make hair more beautiful and healthy?
1. Coconut Oil
- It acts as a heat protectant.
- It repairs hair damage and breakage.
- It helps to prevent hair loss, as well as aids hair growth.
Coconut oil stays inside the hair and retains moisture instead of evaporating because of its properties.
How to use coconut oil?
Note: If it is slightly melted, it will be easier to apply.
- Apply coconut oil to your hair excluding the roots if your scalp usually gets oily. Apply on the scalp as well if you scalp is dry.
- Leave it in hair from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse it with a natural shampoo.
- Repeat 1-4 times a month for best results.
2. Argan Oil
Argan oil is known as Moroccan oil, which will protect your hair from heat, and nourish and moisturize it. Thus, it can help to reduce dry and brittle hair, leaving your hair soft and manageable. Besides, you can frequently use argan oil for it is not as greasy as coconut oil.
How to use argan oil?
- Apply a few drops to your palm.
- Rub your hands together.
- Distribute evenly on your damp or dry hair, avoiding the roots.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil has all the vital qualities such as vitamin E, minerals, and proteins. Therefore, castor oil can help hair grow, control hair loss, fight scalp infections and dandruff, condition and moisturize hair, and prevent split ends. It is recommended to get cold-pressed processed 100% pure virgin castor oil.
How to use castor oil?
- Mix castor oil with a few drops with carrier oil.
- Use this mixture as a scalp treatment, put on a shower cap.
- Leave it on overnight, if possible.
- Wash and rinse is as usual the next morning.
- Repeat weekly or as needed.
Note: It can also be used as a hot oil treatment.
4. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil, extracted from the jojoba plant, can be easily accepted by your scalp without any side effects because its chemical structure resembles the oil that is produced naturally by your scalps. This oil hydrates the hair deep within, moisturizing and treating the hair follicles from the inside. Besides, it can treat dandruff and dry scalp problems, as well as adds shine and softness.
How to use jojoba oil as a leave-in treatment?
- Apply it to the scalp before washing your hair.
- Leave it in for 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Add a drop of your favorite essential oil if you want to own a nice scent. Alternatively, add a few drops of jojoba oil to your conditioner or simply apply a little bit to your ends after washing.
5. Olive Oil
Olive oil is good for hair because it has very rich and moisturizing properties. It can help hair look stronger, healthier, and shinier.
How to use olive oil?
- Apply 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to dry or damp hair once a week, distributing it evenly and thoroughly.
- Wrap in a towel or shower cap.
- Leave it in for 30 minutes.
- Carefully wash it out in the shower, as it can drip and make the floor slippery!
- Rinse with cold water and feel free to skip the conditioner.
- Always read the ingredients list.
- Make sure there are no chemicals and all ingredients are natural.
- Make sure to read the label and know exactly what’s included, for some oils come already pre-mixed with something else, such as essential oils.
- Listen to your hair! Different oils suit different people.
- Oils are greasy. Do not use too much, otherwise, you will risk leaving your hair greasy even after washing.
- It is recommended to use a natural, non-chemical shampoo to wash hair after treatments.
Sources and Citations