We must never lose sight of the fact that hair will get damaged while we’re sleeping. Fortunately, here are 5 ways to help you protect your hair while you sleep.
- It is recommended to brush hair before going to sleep, minimizing knots and tangles in the morning.
- Please braid your hair loosely, for this can protect your hair when you are turning and tossing at night.
- In order to reduce the damage to your hair, you can use a silk or satin pillow case, for this material is a lot less rough on the hair than regular pillowcases.
- Avoid using elastic bands, for they can cause hair breakage and put stress on your roots. Conversely, you can use a soft scrunchie to tie your ponytail/bun very lightly at the top of your head.
- We strongly recommend sleeping with dry hair, for wet hair is very delicate and is much more prone to frizzing and breaking.
It is very important to follow these easy tips for they will ensure that you are keeping your hair as healthy as possible, even while you sleep. If you have any good suggestions on how to protect hair during sleep, please feel free to share it with us.