Do you know how to braid hair with human hair extensions?
1. Buy hair
Know what kind of braided hairstyle you want. If you want to achieve the right look, you should buy virgin remy hair. It is easy to handle slightly coarser or curlier hair. And this style holds long.
2. Prepare Extensions and Natural
Before braiding, you should wash and deep condition natural hair. Don’t skim on the deep conditioner, for your hair will be plaited away for several weeks and miss those regular conditioning cycles.
Wash and rinse your human hair extensions before braiding according to the package directions for shampooing and conditioning. Next, gently pull the strands apart and into one-inch-thick bundles as the hair dries, helping the extensions dry faster and making it easier for you to grab the right amount of extension hair later.
Let hair air dry. Note. if blow dry your hair, you should use a heat-protecting serum. While you rock your braid look, the strands can withstand the stress.
3. Create Sections
- Part hair from ear to ear and then from forehead to crown or nape, creating three to four large sections.
- Use covered elastic bands or large clips to secure these sections.
- Divide your hair into even smaller sections, roughly ¼ to 1 inch wide, starting at the nape of the neck.
- Make sections smaller for micro braids and larger for bigger ones because each of them will be a braid.
4. Attach Hair Extensions & Braid
Pinch off enough extension hair to match the size of the section of natural hair you’ll be braiding.
- Don’t grab too much, for it will make your braids bulky and uneven.
- Don’t get too little hair, as this will lead to spindly, lumpy braids.
Fold the extension hair near the top like a candy cane.
Hook the extensions over the top of the section of hair to be braided. And, make sure to hold the hair taut and close to the scalp.
Now, you get 3 sections of hair lined up near each other:
- On the left is the shorter end of the hair extensions.
- In the middle is your natural hair.
- On the right is the long end of the extensions.
Pull natural hair to the left and the shorter extension piece to the middle, and pull the longer extensions to the middle and the shorter piece to the right. Continue this process to interweave all your natural hair. Continue a few more strokes to secure the extension hair.
Secure micro and tree braid with a slipknot, and let the ends fall loose. For other styles, keep braiding until you reach the end of the hair extensions.
Finally, trim, curl, and style your braids as you like.
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: