As a complex structure or pattern formed by interlacing three strands of flexible material, braid is not only a convenient style but also can help us easily and quickly create other styles. To be specific:
- Sew weaves to braids.
- Add extensions to braids to create styles that add length.
- Braid overhand to crate braids that are puffy like in the case of French braids.
- To create braids like cornrows that are intended to sit close to the scalp, you can try the underhanded braiding method.
Here, we’ll detail how to braid underhanded.
- Divided the hair we want to braid into three equal parts.
- Hold two strands in one hand, and place the remaining strand in the other hand.
- Guide the left section underneath the middle section.
- Guide the right section underneath the new middle section.
- Repeat this process, and continue alternating from left to right until there is no hair left to braid.
- Use a hair tie to secure the ends.
How To Do Box Braids On Natural Hair