More and more people like two-strand twists. People can easily enjoy this style without cutting out, whether their hair is natural or relaxed.
How to Create Two-Strand Twists
Twist or crisscross two strands of hair together, creating double strand twists. You can simply loop strands over each other over and over until you reach the ends of the hair. Roll twists on foam or paper rollers or plastic rods to add body and/or curl.
- For a more natural look, create a random pattern of parting. In order to fit the length, texture, and thickness of the hair, you can change the size and shape of each twist because real hair may not grow or fall in evenly-spaced rows of square boxes. Then, the twists will fall in a more natural hair pattern.
- Twist hair the same way from root to tip. Many women may simply start “rolling” the ends of their twists. This incorrect motion not only may seal the twist closed but also makes it hard to untwist the hair, leading to tangles and breakage. You should keep crisscrossing hair all the way to the end. Thus, when it comes time to take the twists down, you will be able to easily reverse the motion.
- To get the most out of the style, you can start with damp or semi-dry hair. Naturally coily Type 3c or Type 4 hair can keep twists from shrinking up to retain a little length in your hair. This trick will add body, movement, and that bit of extra texture needed for curlier or relaxed lengths, making the look work. When your hair is about 50% dry, starting twisting sections at the nape of the neck. You should have enough moisture left to set the hair on rollers and still get some effect when you work to the front of the head. If not, to keep hair from drying out completely, you can mist hair with water from a spray bottle.
- For a more natural, versatile look, part hair into smaller sections. It is easy to sweep smaller twists into ponytails, updos, and other styles.
- Boost shine and keep hair in tip-top shape via a leave-in conditioner.
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: