1. Choose a semi-permanent hair color two or three shades lighter than the color your hair extensions currently are.
2. Brush the hair with a soft-bristle brush. Do not wash the hair before coloring.
3. Lay the hair on the small towel that you do not mind staining. Then, smooth out the hair with your hands. Put on a pair of plastic gloves.
4. Mix the hair color following the directions on the package.
5. Squirt about a quarter-size amount into your hand, and then rub the color into the hair by holding the top or the weft of the hair in your left hand and coating the hair with the color using your right.
6. Saturate the hair completely with the color, and then lay it on the towel. Do not cover it up.
7. Allow the color to develop for the prescribed time. The developing time is usually between 20 and 40 minutes.
8. Rinse the hair color from the hair extensions in the sink with cool or warm water. Apply a deep conditioner to the hair and allow it to soak for one minute. After that, rinse it.
9. Allow hair to dry naturally after a quick rub with a towel.
10. Put the colored highlights into your hair.
11. Position the hair around the face and throughout the top layer of the hair.
12. Spray some leave-in conditioner on the highlights.
How to Soften, Declump and Defrizz Hair Weaves