With weave, we can change our hair style as we like. However, it is difficult to curl your hair since it isn’t 100% human hair or you are unable to access to heat styling products. In this situation, is it possible to curl weave without heat?
- Comb hair throughout. Then, evenly apply some light moisturizer like KeraCare setting lotion, African Essence or Salon Pro 30 weave spray to keep the hair moist but light enough to make your curls manageable.
- Part hair in several sections, and then gather to the tip of the hair. Achieve the style you prefer by using small rollers in a size designed. Roll hair from the tip to the base of your head. Use roller clamps, clips or covers to secure it.
- When hair is drying overnight, you can tie a scarf over your entire head. Remove the roller from one of the curls on head to test the set of the curl. If the hair is limp, still damp or not curled, you should re-roll it.
Quick Curling Techniques
- Go to local beauty supply store to get a cooling blow dryer.
- Grab two to three inches of hair, and apply a nickel size amount of mousse on our dry hair from root to the tip.
- Use select rollers to completely roll each section of hair, starting from the tip of each section and roll to the roots of the hair. Then, use respective clip, clamp or cover to secure each roller.
- Use the extra spray to finish curly hair to speed up the curl process. Apply a light hold hair spray on hair. Turn the blow dryer on to high speed and on cold. Hold the dryer 4 to 6 inches from your hair. Dry your hair about 15 minutes.
- Check the curl by remove a roller. Remove all rollers if you satisfy the results.
Sources and Citations