Want to make a silk base closure to create natural-looking hair styles?
- Braid hair into vertical cornrows. At the top center of your head, place a 2-by-4 or 3-by-4 size silk-base closure in the spot where you want to attach it.
- Create two horizontal braids that run from the center front of your scalp to the back, spaced two or three inches apart and four inches long. And mark this space.
- On the top of the horizontal braids, place the silk-base hair closure. Use two hair pins to hold the base closure against your head, one at the front and one at the back of the closure.
- Insert two curved threading needles into the braided hair beneath the front of the base closure, and make sure thread natural or synthetic hair through the needles’ eyes.
- Thread a lock sew into the right front side of the silk-base closure to attach it to head. Slid the needle through the silk base to create a lock stitch, and then you can create a loop with the hair, slide the needle back through the loop to lock the loop into place. Repeat this step for 2 times. After that, switch to the left side of the closure. Use the curved threading needle to sew three lock stitches to the left side of the closure. Go back to the right side and repeat this process. Keep sewing. Each time, use three lock stitches. Alternate side to side until you completely attach the closure.
- If necessary, you can unbraid hair or sew in extensions to the rest of the head. Thus the extensions blend with the closure naturally that eventually create a seamless look.