As we know, applying tree braid, made of synthetic or natural hair, requires about 6 hours, for this process needs braiding existing hair into corn rows at first and then weaving it. Therefore, it is difficult and time-consuming to remove tree braids.
- Loose and untangle hair by running fingers through the hair extensions. Place fingers in the hair as close to the roots as you can. And then move fingers out to the ends while wiggling them back and forth. If the extensions won’t detangle at the ends, don’t worry too much since you’re going to cut them off later anyway.
- Place a braid spray designed for extensions to the roots and the extensions. Apply a large dollop of detangling conditioner onto your palms, and then place it into the hair. Let the conditioner sit in the hair for about 10 minutes to soak into the hair. While you wait for the conditioner to set, you can fill a spray bottle with water. Rinse hair thoroughly to remove the conditioner.
- Cut off the majority of the extensions. Check the natural hair ends in the extensions. Use a sharp pair of shears to cut about 1 to 2 inches from that point. While removing the extensions, do not cut any of the natural hair.
- Use the spray bottle to spritz the hair, keeping it lubricated. Use your fingers to pick a tree braid and work the ends to start untangling it from the natural hair. Spray some detangling solution onto the stubborn area and work on a different area while it soaks into the hair. Comb through by using a rat-tail comb with a metal tip, helping detangle tricky spots. Please use the thin tip to help unravel the pieces of hair.
- When you have removed the extensions, remove out the detangling solution. Let the hair air-dry. Give it a good once over to check for any remaining extension pieces. Use your fingers and the tip of the rat-tail comb to remove them. When you have removed all of the extensions, untangle the corn rows. To get rid of any product buildup and dead hair, you should wash, rinse and dry the hair thoroughly.
How To Uncurl Hair Extensions