If you use many hot tools, your hair extension will become dried out and brittle and eventually break off. If your extensions become too dry, you can try using a moisturizing hot oil treatment to seal cuticles and split ends to repair then. And, in order to keep strands from breaking, you can hydrate hair. Here’s how to repair damaged hair extensions.
- Shampoo and condition hair extensions as usual.
- Use a towel to blot out excess moisture.
- Place the hot oil in hot water, and heat up it for about one to three minutes.
- Test oil on the skin to make sure it is not too hot.
- Apply the treatment to all over hair extensions.
- Use finger to massage to make sure that the oil absorbs well into hair.
- Comb through to disperse evenly.
- Use a shower cap, or plastic bag to cover the extensions for about five minutes.
- Remove cap.
- Rinse out the oil with warm water.
- Let extensions air-dry.
- To get the best results, you had better use treatment once a week.
- Mix a few tablespoons of olive oil and sweet almond oil to make your own hot oil treatment.