As we know, our hair weave can stay beautiful for 4 to 6 weeks. However, once the deadline passes, our human hair or synthetic hair weaves look grungy. At this time, we can refresh the hairpiece before moving the weave back up the hairline for another few weeks. If we want to prolong the hair’s life, we have to take good care of them. Here’s how to revive your weave.
Use nourishing shampoo to refresh weave
- Select a suitable nourishing shampoo.
- Use warm water to wet hair.
- Squirt a dime-sized amount of shampoo into your hands.
- Apply the shampoo into the weave, and gently massage it to create leather.
- Do not scrub the hair.
- Do not apply shampooing to the joint where the natural hair and the weave meet.
- Rinse out hair with cool or warm water to remove shampoo. Wash exceptionally dry weaves with shampoos containing hydrating moisturizers.
Follow with a conditioning treatment
Apply a leave-in conditioner at the ends of the weave.
Scrunch the product through the hair.
- Do not use conditioners that contain heavy oils that can weigh your hair down.
- It is recommended to look for conditioners that contain argan oil for a nourished look.
Before you weave becomes too lose, you should visit a salon while wearing your weave, and ask the stylist to touch-trim the edges to give you a clean look. You may also revive the look of your hairpiece, if you reshape the weave into a newer style.
Lift the hair, and spray antibacterial weave on underneath and along the weave seam to kill bacteria from sweaty hair.
Use a silk scarf to wrap your hair before going to sleep.