As time goes by, even a high-quality weave may turn stiff. Therefore, more and more users are eager to know whether they can make a stiff weave bouncy.
When you hair feels stiff, daily styling of your weave might be to blame.
Regular give oil to your scalp to condition the scalp and stimulate hair growth. However, once oil ends up on your tresses, they can quickly stiffen.
- Store olive, rosemary, or other natural oil in a bottle with a pointed tip, thus you can focus application onto your scalp and avoid oil seeping into your hair.
- Do not use gels, serums or hairsprays to set your style, for the lingering buildup of these products on your strands can result in a stick-straight look that falls flat.
- Aerosol sprays can dry out your weave and stiffen it.
Carefully clean your hair to remove this product buildup.
To erase that buildup, you can gently smooth a sulfate-free shampoo on your stiff weave no more than every seven to 10 days. Rinse out the shampoo. Let it airy dry.
Note: When washing, you can keep weave straight and run the shampoo down your hair.
The accumulation of products on your fabric does not always require thorough shampooing.
- Mix water and sulfate-free shampoo in a spray bottle, and then spritz your strands with a 50-50 combination between cleansing sessions.
- Gently rub this mixture into the stiff portions of your hair.
- Rinse them with water.
At-home washing of your weave can only be effective weaves made of 100 percent human hair. For synthetic weave, rinse the buildup out of your weave to restore it.
Maintain Bouncy Weave
- For bouncy weave, you can try dry shampoo to soak up oil and fight buildup.
- In order to avoid a stiff weave, you can cut back on styling products.
- Try a dime-sized dab of leave-in conditioner if you need to reduce unwanted frizz.
Note: You can talk to your stylist to find a professional shampooing treatment to deeply cleanse your weave of stiff-strand-causing buildup.
How to Create Brigitte Bardot Updo For Valentine’s Day
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: