If you are tired of curly hair, you can straighten it. However, when straightening hair, we take the risk of heat damage. Here are some tips to help you flat iron your natural hair without heat damage.
- Use a clarifying shampoo or an apple cider vinegar to rinse hair to remove build-up.
- Deep condition hair once a week for two to three weeks before flat ironing. Your heat tolerance will be changed by your hair’s condition.
- Make a protein treatment a week before flat ironing, strengthening hair.
- Choose a moisturizing conditioner with hydrolyzed proteins if possible. While deep conditioning, treat your tresses to hydration therapy. Intense moisture from a hair steamer not only can lift the cuticle but also offers a healthy dose of hydration to the cortex.
- Apply a liquid heat protectant after the hair has been towel dried.
- For smoothness, and added heat protection, choose silicone-based serums.
- Keep appliances clean.
- Let hair air dry at least 50% before blow drying, minimizing heat exposure and chances of heat damage.
- Each texture responds differently to heat. So, to determine the temperature at which to set your flat iron, always patch test first.
- To make sure that the cuticle is flat, you should always blow dry hair in a downward direction, setting the foundation for a more quality flat ironing process.
- Deal with hair in sections, making the process much easier.
- Apply oil, serum, or finishing sheen, for lasting shine and durability.
- Use a silk or satin scarf to wrap your flat ironed hair at night, keeping it from becoming dry, or reverting due to night sweating.
Do’s & Don’t
- Never use oils and butters prior to blow drying and flat ironing.
- Never use heat over 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do not pass the flat iron over each section more than once.
- Do not flat iron hair daily.
- Stay away from water-based moisturizers and steam at this time, keeping hair from frizzing or reverting.
- After flat ironing, do not forget to do a protein treatment.
- After washing away your straight style, do not neglect to deep condition and treat your mane to more hydration therapy.
- Avoid tight and high maintenance styles.
- How Do Wigs Help Cancer Patients
- How To Grow Natural Hair Fast And Healthy
- Brazilian Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment
- How To Curl Human Hair Extensions
- How to Care for Virgin Brazilian Hair Weave
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Buy Hair Extensions
- 6 Essential Summer Hair Care Tips
- How Long Does Synthetic Weave Last
- How To Make Hair Straight, Silky And Shiny
- How To Apply Invisible Hair Extensions
- Hair Care & Maintenance Tips And Tricks
- How to Straighten Your Hair