Many women will spend money going to a hair stylist to style their hair, color their hair or trim their hair. However, in general, if your hair is damaged, you can trim it by yourself instead of going to a hair stylist. Thus, you can save big over the long-term.
There is no doubt that no one likes damaged hair, especially if the hair is looking rather unappealing at the ends.
Have you got any of the following symptoms of split ends?
Symptoms of split ends
- Your hair breaks easily.
- You have a bad case of the “frizzies”, split ends.
- Your hair has lost its shine or luster.
- Your hair has rough spots or feels rough all over.
It is really hard to style your hair if you are experiencing these symptoms and your damaged hair is annoying you. This is because you’re not pleased with it. You wish you could make an appointment. However, you are afraid that you’ll get sucked into a highlight and complete style. Thus, the ending price will end up being a whopping $100 or more.
Fortunately, we have a solution to your dilemma if you want to cut back on the costs. With a little bit of practice, you can cut your own split ends.
How to Trim Your Own Split Ends
- Purchase a pair of hair shears from a local beauty supply store or online. Never use normal scissors. Otherwise, you will damage your hair even more.
- Cut perpendicular to the hair strand, keeping the end of your hairs stronger than a slanted cut would.
- Make the cut about 1/4” above the split ends, creating healthy ends again.
- Trim your hair against a light background if you have dark hair. Trim your hair against a light background if you have light colored hair.