1. Remove all glue and adhesive from the lace.
2. Comb out all tangles from the tips to the ends of the hair.
3. Fill a sink half full of cool water, and add a cup full of wig shampoo to the water.
4. Soak lace closure or lace frontal into the water for a few minutes.
5. Gently move it around in the water, and then lift it up.
6. Rinse all of the shampoo out of it.
7. Fill another sink half full of water, add a cap full of wig conditioner to cool water and mix the conditioner in the water.
8. Soak the lace closure into the water and let it sit. Typically, you’ll need to let curly and wavy lace closures sit a little longer than straight closures.
9. Gently move the lace closure in and out of the cool water.
10. Remove it from the sink.
11. Place it on a flat towel, fold part of the towel over the lace closure and gently pat the closure dry.
12. Let the lace closure air dry by placing it on a closure head.