High volume is the one of the most popular hairstyle.Hair extensions can help you easily create the desired style, whether you have thick or thin hair. People can easily obtain high-quality, natural-looking extensions.
1. Prepare Hair and Extensions
Use a light mousse to wash your hair, and then blow-dry it, adding texture and volume to your hair. When adding some waves and texture, scrunch it. If your hair has a bit of texture, it is very easy to hide extensions. Match your extensions with the texture of your natural hair. Use a curling iron or flat iron to add some oomph, if necessary. And, gather some tools including a comb, at least four clip-in extensions, a clip to hold up your hair, and a light hairspray.
2. Create Volume
- Open all the clips on your hair extensions.
- Pull up half your hair and clip it out of the way. (The very lowest layer at the back of your head is down, and the top is completely clipped away.) Make sure the part is at about mid-ear.
- Insert your first extension at the part that separates upper hair from lower hair, starting with the middle clips and working outward until it’s completely clipped to your head.
- Unclip your top hair and let down another layer about a finger-length above the previous part.
- Repeat this process to insert another extension.
Note: People with naturally thick hair will probably repeat this process twice. You may repeat a few more times, working up the head, if your hair is thin, or if you have thick hair and want show-stopping volume. Don’t go any higher than the top of your ear. Using natural hair to layer over the extensions is aim to hide the clips.
Add a bit of volume to the sides. Repeat the process with shorter extensions on either side of the head. Cover the clips on the extensions with natural hair. Sculpt with a comb, and spray in a bit of light hairspray.
Sources and Citations