As you know, Ombre hair is the hair coloring effect that has the bottom hair portion looking lighter than top portion. Nowadays, Ombre hair is really popular. However, do you know how to achieve the classic ombre hair look? Here, you can try a simple fail-safe way to achieve this look.
Caramelize the base.
You can use a natural color fairly close to your customer’s hair coloring level, but with some added reflects and make sure that it is 1-2 levels lighter. Mix the developer. Use your brush to apply on the mid-lengths. Do not color the ends. For instance, you can choose any color at the 6 level if your customer has a natural level 5.
Deal with the ends.
You should use a highlift color (100 series) to get the classic ombre hair color result. These are available at most professional hair color brands. They can offer up to 5 levels lift. Therefore, they will give really good ombre results.
Mix with 30 Vol. developer to get some lift. Note that the mix ratios for highlift colors is typically 1 part color to 2 parts developer. Next, apply foil. It is recommended to apply fairly thickly so that you get a nice dramatic difference between the mid-lengths and the ends.
More Original Ombre Looks
Now, stylists and consumers are pushing the boundaries more and more with ombre. You can try the following hair color combinations, for they do work well and are surprisingly wearable!
1. Purple Ombre Hair
- Base: Chestnut Blonde 7Br
- Ends: Violet
2. Pink Ombre Hair
- Base: Dark Blonde 6N
- Ends: Fuscia Pink and Copper Blonde mixed
3. Ombre on Long Hair
- Use Bleach for the ends mixed with 30 Vol.
- Use a balayage technique to get flowing ombre locks.
What kind of hair works well with Ombre?
- The ombre helps to add depth and dimension to mid-length hairstyles, especially if they are curly or wavy.
- On the other hand, Ombre also works well with long hair. The balayage techniques can give a really gorgeous, sexy hair color result when doing ombre on longer hair.
Style Ombre Hair
Ombre is a fairly informal style. Ombre works well when it looks fairly natural. To create a fairly natural look, you can use leave in creams and only a little spray.
What Is “Water Only Hair Washing Method”