Braided extensions have been used as protective styles to grow longer, stronger hair for many years.
Things to Do Before Braiding
- Make sure that your hair and scalp are strong enough to handle the extra weight and tension of the braids, before considering installing braid extensions. And, before braiding your hair, you can try doing a strong protein treatment followed by a moisturizing one at least twice.
- Remove any excess product or residue by using a clarifying shampoo before getting started. Pay special attention to your scalp while washing to make sure it is thoroughly cleaned, helping better manage your box braids later without too much buildup.
- Moisturize your strands after washing hair and scalp. Before putting in the braids, the better moisturized your hair the better hydrated it will stay for the entire time your braids are in. It is recommended to choose a product rich in coconut oil or olive oil.
- Don’t braid hair with tangles! Work through any tangles to make braiding easier. Make sure you aren’t putting stress on your strands by using a wide-toothed comb. For those tiny fairy knots, or anything that’s too tangled, try using your fingers.
- Try solving any scalp issues (such as dandruff, dry itchy scalp, any fungal infections) you might have that may be weakening your hair.
Do you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: