Do you know how to create highlights? Here, hair extension can help you. You can mix a brown &light blond hair weave to create a more dramatic effect.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your natural hair.
- Divide your natural hair with the end of your rat tail comb and cornrow it to create a base for your weave. Cornrows lay flat against the scalp, facilitating the weaving process. Make sure that the braids of the head are used as a separate part of the highlights, if you are doing highlights. Braid cornrows in each section close together, revealing as little scalp as possible between the braids.
- If you want neat highlights in the front or on the side, you should not cornrow all of your hair straight back. Cornrow separate sections for highlights on the front and side. Cornrow all the hair straight back, or mix with a circular pattern color or back highlights.
- Thread a needle and tie knots in the ends of the thread.
- Select the first color you want to use. You can start at the back if you plan on blending your look or applying your highlights at the nape. If you plan to highlight another area, you should firstly sew that section.
- Remove the weave track. Measure the track from ear to ear. Cut it to fit. Sew the track onto the braids, starting at the nape of your neck, from ear to ear. When sewing, you should pull tracks tight.
- Use an arm’s length to prevent tangling. Never cut weave hair for the top of the head. At the head’s top, you can sew a thumb-sized circle, and then cut away all remains.
- Use one color on top or create a blended look by completing your weave in a “X” pattern to continue your highlights in the back. Keep alternating colors or use one color. Re-thread your needle. Cut off any thread hanging on the knot. Stitch from the right side behind your ear to the front left. Sew across your forehead from left to right, and then then continue downing diagonally behind the left ear.
- Measure the weave along the length of the braid in your highlight-designated section, and then sew in highlights at the front or side.
You can buy some weave hair which can be used as pre-blended two tones.