With hair weave, you can easily change the length of your hair at any time without damaging your natural hair, and you can achieve a variety of styles of hair weaving. Now, you can do the below things to keep your hair weave looking salon-fresh longer.
- Before going to bed, warp your hair in a silk scarf to keep the tracks at the top of your head.
- Brush your weave every day carefully. Do not pull out a glued track, or loosen the braid of a sewn in track while brushing. To minimize pulling, you can hold the fabric with one hand on the head and gently brush the lower shaft with the other hand.
- Wash hair with shampoo once a week. Shampooing weave too much can dull its shine. Not enough shampoo can cause it to gather at both ends, losing its swing and bounce.
- Keep the oil away from the adhesive. You will want to keep the hair oil away from the weaving track if your weave is glued in. The oil will cause the track to slip out to remove the glued tracks when you are ready for a new look.
- If you know it’s time for your weave to come down, you can remove and reapply just the top layer of hair since you don’t have the time or money to make it redo immediately. In this situation, you can wear it for about a week longer.